4.20.2011

DIY - Burlap Wreath Tutorial

I found my inspiration for this wreath, pictured below, on this blog.  There were no instructions there, so I had to figure out how to put it together on my own!


Supplies:
  • 4-5 inch wide strips of burlap.  Mine were 40 inches long.  I'm not sure how many I had, I just filled up the wire until I got the shape & fullness I wanted.
  • 12 gauge, (or higher) floral wire
  • Wire cutters
  • Wreath form
  • 22 gauge floral wire


Start off by measuring out your 12 gauge floral wire.  I just matched it to the size of my wreath form & then cut the wire.



To place the burlap on the wire, I just weaved the wire in & out of the burlap, to give it a layered look. I didn't do the weaving in a straight line either. I found it helped to have it in the middle & move to the left & right to get some more dimension. There really is no right or wrong way to do this though! = )


Once you get all of your burlap onto the wire, attach the wire to your wreath form.  I simply found the "top" & wrapped it around the wreath form a few times to keep it secure.


This is where your 22 gauge floral wire comes in.  Every few inches, take a small piece of the 22 gauge wire & attach it to your wreath form & your 12 gauge wire.  Simply twist the ends of your 22 gauge wire together , as tight as you can, & that will hold the burlap to the wreath form.


And that's it!  It's actually pretty simple & it looks great in your home!  = )

I added a fall colored bow to it, when we had it displayed at our wedding reception & it looked beautiful!

8 comments :

Jennifer said...

This is so pretty! We are making something similar to this in MOPS this year. I like the addition of the bow! Found you via Pinterest and pinned this!
Jen
Scissors & Spatulas

Andrea said...

Thank you! So glad you stopped by & I'd love to see what you make! = )

nadine johnson said...

Thank you for sharing on how to make the burlap wreath. It beats sewing 90 little squares and pining them to a form!

Andrea said...

I would have to agree with you Nadine! So glad it was helpful to you! = )

Thanks for stopping by!

The Suchers said...

This is the most adorable thing I have ever seen! I am heading to the craft store now! :)

Andrea said...

Thank you! So glad you like it! = )

Calimommie said...

I work at a big craft retailer and we sell the burlap ribbon I never knew what to do with it! But now I do thanks to u!!! This is a wonderful idea! I might even make it as a demo in the store!!

Unknown said...

could you please do a video step by step to show us how to do it,,Please,

UA-29730103-1